Please keep in touch and leave us a comment!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Settling in

I guess we are settling in here, since there are no huge developments to report. Well, Shay did start at a new school, which I love, since it's much closer and I think it's a better fit for him.

Daily sign-in
From parents' sack race event, organized by the school to go with their summer Olympics theme (we didn't win, but had fun cheering everyone on!):

Recently, we did venture over to Brooklyn Bridge Park (via the ferry again - I wish they had frequent rider discounts!). I had found a "music festival" online, but turned out it was a small event at a restaurant. Would have been fun for Shay, but he fell asleep on the way after not napping at his new school the day before. We headed to the park near the dock instead for refreshments before heading home. Still a nice day.
We went to the front of the ferry - really fun and a great breeze!
The kids, of course, continue to entertain, exacerbate, and delight us as they grow.  
 

Mila is saying a few recognizable words now (up, mama, dada, help).
     


Sunglasses fun: 


I really need to get better at recording Shay's musings. He is so funny and constantly surprises me with things that he remembers and the way that he processes things. When I told him about Mila's formula, he made a joke that it was "for Mila" and had a hilarious time sorting it all out.

1 comment: