Please keep in touch and leave us a comment!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Enjoying summer in NYC

I forgot to write in the last post that we finally made it to Central Park! Well, at least Shay and I did. I had never been there and wanted to feel it out before venturing with both kids in tow. Jermaine had some reading to do, so he stayed home with a napping Mila while Shay and I hopped on the bus. It took us 2 buses and about 30 minutes to get there. I wish it was a little easier, since there was so much to do and see, especially in the summer. We saw ducks in the pond, people performing, peeked at the zoo, and looked at the line for the free summer concerts (it was really long!).
Shay was a trooper and excited about everything. Since it was a kind of last-minute idea, I hadn't brought any food for us, so we had a special hot dog, ice cream, and potato knish lunch (I made him eat extra veggies later to make up for it!). He really wanted to ride the horse-drawn carriage; maybe next time!


We also got a chance to return to Dim Sum Go Go, where Mila and I had gone with my dad when we first arrived.  Everyone really enjoyed it!  These days, Mila loves anything in dumpling form.

Waiting for the bus after a good meal

We have been visiting our local farmer's market, which is conveniently located in a complex close to ours (Peter Cooper Village/Stuyvesant Town).  It's nice place to lunch and stroll.  There's a big lawn where the kids can run around.


There are always more parks to explore.  There's not so much greenery, but there's usually a play structure every few blocks.

Madison Square Park is a few blocks from capoeira class.  Mila and I hung out here while Shay and Jermaine went to class, then they met up with us afterwards:

Mila and I visited Bryant Park, right in the middle of the city, with the bird lady:


The kids caught a little cold recently.  Good thing that there was a playground around the corner from the pediatrician's office.


Shay and Mila have been becoming buddies (I guess they don't have much of a choice!).  Shay is (generally) a great help and has a lot of concern for Mila:



 

So I can't complain too much about summer in New York.  It's starting to cool down, so fall/autumn may be on the horizon.  For now, we are appreciating nice views like this one from outside our apartment.












No comments:

Post a Comment